WWE taped this week’s episode of Smackdown on Tuesday night from from Wright State University’s Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio. Below are complete taping results:
WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):
* Daniel Bryan comes out to open the show. He’s furious about his match being stopped on this week’s Monday Night Raw. He goes on to blame Randy Orton as the real perpetrator and shows the footage from Monday. Daniel Bryan says he will prove he is not the weak link when he beats Orton tonight. Orton then comes out. Orton says the reason the match was stopped was the concern for his well being and that Orton respects Bryan. Bryan thinks Orton just has pity for him. Orton goes on to tell Bryan he’s out of line and tonight, he’s going to have to be carried out.
* Sheamus b. Cody Rhodes w/Damien Sandow after hitting a Texas Cloverleaf. After the match, Sandow attacked Sheamus.
* A Bray Wyatt vignette aired.
* WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel w/Paul Heyman b. Wade Barrett to retain with The Miz on commentary. The finish saw Axel hit the Perfect Plex on Barrett and pin him. Miz wanted Axel in the ring but Heyman held him back.
* They show a replay of the Mark Henry/John Cena segment from this week’s WWE Raw.
* WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee w/Big E Langston b. Natalya via submission in Black Widow. Prior to the match, they showed the secret admirer stunt with Kaitlyn and Langston and the Divas Championship match from WWE Payback.
* Backstage, Kaitlyn attacks Aksana.
* World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio w/Ricardo Rodriguez vs. Chris Jericho. Prior to the match, they showed footage of Dolph Ziggler attacking Del Rio on Monday Night Raw. Del Rio picks up the win when Dolph Ziggler came out and attacked Del Rio. Ricardo interfered as well. After the match, Jericho hit Ziggler with the Code Breaker. Del Rio then came back to the ring and superkicked Ziggler. He walked away on his own.
* Drew McIntyre w/Heath Slater & Jinder Mahal vs. Christian. Winner via Kill Switch, Christian. Both Slater and Mahal tried to interfere on McIntyre’s behalf but Christian handled them to go 2-0 since returning. After the match, Christian explains how good it feels to be back on Smackdown in front of his peeps. In fact, he wants another match. The Shield come out through the crowd and bring him to justice. They hold their titles in the ring before leaving.
* They show Brock Lesnar’s return from WWE Monday Night Raw and the clash of the Paul Heyman guys.
* Backstage, Renee Young asks Paul Heyman about Brock Lesnar’s attack on CM Punk. Heyman, rather than answering, asks personal information about her family. Paul says Punk made it clear that they are friends and puts over Curtis Axel for retaining the WWE Intercontinental Championship tonight.
* Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan. Winner via count out, Daniel Bryan. The match got some time with a lot of back and forth. The finish saw Daniel Bryan connecting with a flying knee from the apron and a suicide dive to the outside onto Orton. Bryan got back in but Orton couldn’t make it before the 10 count. Bryan doesn’t want the match to end on count out and orders a restart. The referee won’t restart the match and Orton and Bryan are left standing to end the show.
Dark Match Main Event:
* The Shield vs. Sheamus, Daniel Bryan & Randy Orton. Winners via disqualification, Bryan, Sheamus & Orton. The match was thrown out when Roman Reigns hit Sheamus with a char. After the match, the babyfaces hit their finishers on Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose to send the crowd home happy.