1. ODB beat Tara. An ODB chant got started. Tara dominated much of the match until ODB got to the magic flask and won on a what looked like a messed up F5.
July 4 TNA Impact Wrestling Taping
Christy Hemme came out and then Tazz came out. Huge boos for Tazz.
Austin Aries came out with the X Division Tittle. He talked about whether you like him or hate him you have to respect him. He called Hulk Hogan out and the place came unglued! Hogan stopped the crowd from chanting his name and told them to chant Aries’ name. Hogan announced that he wasn’t cashing in but instead he would have a main event vs. Suicide (with a new name) and Chris Sabin.
1. A.J. Styles defeated Kazarian by submission in a Bound For Glory Series match. Bad Influence came out dressed as Siegfried and Roy!!! I tried getting a Fandango humming going but nobody joined. I swear they look like him tonight. I am assuming this was a BFG Series match since they didn’t announce it to the live crowd.
Mickie James came out to talk about next week’s ladder match. She was full blown heel and the fans gave her hell.
Ryan Howe got the gut check nod, but the live crowd didn’t like the decision.
2. Hernandez defeated Jay Bradley in a Bound For Glory Series match. Bradley got X-Pac heat. Hernandez won via pinfall with Chavo Guerrero’s help. Aces and eights were shown talking backstage.
3. TNA Tag Champions James Storm and Gunner beat Bro-Mans (Jessie Godderz and Robbie T). Bro-Man’s music was kind of catchy. The champs won by pinfall.
Sting and Kurt Angle came out representing the Main Event Mafia and received a huge pop. Sting introduced Samoa joe and he looked great in his Mafia gear. Nice touch. A huge Joe chant started. Joe played to the crowd and said Las Vegas is again run by the Mafia. Angle put over joe as the baddest SOB he ever faced. Angle introduced Magnus as the next member of Main Event Mafia. A small Magnus chant started. Magnus again put over Joe, who looked like the shining crown in the ring.
4. Jeff Hardy beat Joseph Park by DQ in a Bound For Glory Series match. A “Fruity Pebbles” chant broke out followed by a “you can’t wrestle: chant. A “we want tables” chant broke out. Joseph was busted open and he sidewalk slammed the ref after looking like Abyss. The crowd booed this.
The in-ring Gut Check judgment was held. Al Snow got a Head chant. Ryan Howe came out to a round of boos. Al snow voted no. Ryan tried to say his promo, but he was booed throughout. Danny Davis said yes. Bruce Prichard voted no.
5. Chris Sabin defeated Austin Aries and Suicide (with a new name) to win the X Division Title. Aces & 8’s were in the crowd for this one. The crowd started chanting for T.J. Perkins. A Super Dragon chant broke out. It was a typical three-way dance early with one out of the ring while the other two duked it out. Perkins was powerbombed by DOC outside the ring.
The Main Event Mafia came out and chased Aces & 8’s back into the crowd. The EMT’s came out as the masked man looked to be legitimately injured. I don’t know if it was legit as the camera crew followed him to the back. After a great back and forth, the crowd chanted this is awesome! A TNA chant broke out. Sabin won with what looked like a front suplex from the top rope. Sabin showed his belt to Bully Ray and they jawed back and forth. Sabin told Bully he may be looking at the next world champion. They jawed back and worth again to close the July 4 taping.